Suppressing deleted user notices in Zoom Chat
By default, when a user is deleted or deactivated from an account, there is a notice that they were removed in any group chats or channels they were members of in Zoom Chat. Account owners and admins can disable this setting to suppress deleted or deactivated user notices, as to not draw attention to this type of user removal, for example, when employees leave the company.
Note: This setting only applies to removal notifications for deleted/deactivated users. This does not apply to users who were removed from a chat or channel by an admin for other reasons, or for "unlinked" users – as unlinking a user does not result in a notification in the channel.
Prerequisites for managing the notifications about deleted or deactivated users
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.11.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.11.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.11.0 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.11.0 or higher
- iOS: 5.11.0 or higher
How to suppress messages about deleted or deactivated users
This setting is only available at the account level. Learn more about account-level Zoom Chat settings.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Zoom Chat tab.
- Under Visibility, click the Suppress deleted or deactivated user notice in group chats and channels toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
Once enabled, users on client version 5.11.0 or higher will not see these messages in Zoom Chat groups and channels.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.