Mass importing Zoom Room devices
Zoom Room devices can be mass imported in the Zoom web portal via a CSV file with a list of serial numbers and mac addresses. Importing the devices allows admins to view the devices information then assign them to a room or user. This is useful to quickly manage Zoom Room devices.
Note: Android Zoom Room devices only supported at this time.
This article covers:
- How to import a list of Zoom Room devices
- How does a Zoom Room Appliance device connect to the account
- How does a Zoom Phone Appliance device connect to the account
Prerequisites for importing Zoom Room devices
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin with privilege
- Zoom Room license
- Android Appliance
- Zoom Phone Appliance
How to import a list of Zoom Room devices
You will need the vendor name, model, serial number, and mac address of the device to be able to import it in the Zoom web portal.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Device Management, then Device List.
- Select the Devices tab.
- On the right of the page, click + Import.
- In the Import dialog box, click Upload CSV to upload the list of Zoom Room devices.
- You can click Download CSV Sample, to get the list of items you need to import your devices.
- If Zoom Room devices are imported they can be assigned to a room.
- If Zoom Phone Appliances are imported they are unassigned.
How does a Zoom Rooms Appliance device connect to the account
When a Zoom Room Appliance has been imported into your Zoom account, is powered on and connected to a network, it will reach out to Zoom’s ZDM server as a part of the boot up process. This happens by default for Zoom Room Appliances. After reaching out to Zoom’s ZDM server, the device will be assigned to your account and a room if you designated a room for the device to be assigned to. Otherwise the device will simply be marked as unassigned in the account.
A device will not be imported, if you try to import a device that is already part of any Zoom account or is logged into a Zoom Room, instead you will get an error stating the device already exists. Beware that trying to import an existing device will not log out the latter.
How does a Zoom Phone Appliance device connect to the account
When a Zoom Phone Appliance has been imported into your Zoom account, is powered on and connected to a network, it will reach out to Zoom’s ZDM server as a part of the boot up process. This happens by default for Zoom Phone Appliances. After reaching out to Zoom’s ZDM server, the device will be marked as unassigned in the account. The admin can assign them to a user or common area directly from the portal or allow the user to sign in via the device directly.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.