Making Zoom Events video calls
In addition to chatting with other event attendees during an event, you can also communicate with your connections via video calls during and post-event.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for initiating Zoom Events video calls
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Basic, Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- There is a dependency with Windows' Webview package for Windows platform; while version 5.7.6 does support Zoom Events, it may cause a blank lobby experience for hosts.
- For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to initiate video calls from 1:1 chat
To initiate a video call from a 1:1 chat while you are in an event:
- Sign in to Zoom Events.
- Go to your 1:1 chat with a user you are already connected with.
- Click on the camera icon in the bottom left of the chat box.
Note: If you initiate the call from a web browser and you have the desktop or mobile Zoom client installed, the client will open and you will make the video call from the Zoom client. If you do not have the desktop or mobile Zoom client installed, you will be prompted to install the client. If you decline to install the client, you will proceed to make the video call from the web browser.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.