Using Pardot with Zoom Events
You can use this integration to automatically populate prospect lists in Pardot from Zoom Events registration information. Once the prospects are in Pardot, you can use standard marketing automation processes to follow up with these prospects such as campaigns, segmentation, and lead scoring. The Pardot integration allows you to:
- Automatically add participants to a Pardot list when they register for a Zoom Event.
- Automatically add participants to a Pardot list when they attend any session in a Zoom Event.
- Send details from registration questions into the prospect profile in Pardot.
This article covers:
- How to add the Pardot app to your account
- How to connect Pardot to your Zoom Event
- Zoom Events information shared with Pardot
- Zoom Events + Pardot data security
Prerequisites for using Pardot with Zoom Events
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Zoom Events Unlimited license or Zoom Events Pay Per Attendee license
- Stripe or PayPal Business account is required to create paid events
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
How to add the Pardot app to your Zoom account
Contact your Zoom account owner or admin to add the Pardot app.
After adding the app, the Zoom account owner or admin must provide Zoom integration access to your Pardot account to sync Zoom Events data to Pardot lists.
How to connect Pardot to your Zoom Event
Once your account admin has integrated the Pardot app with your Zoom Events account, you will be able to configure Pardot to automatically sync attendance information obtained from pre-registration and registration for an event.
Default Zoom Events registration fields are pre-mapped to corresponding fields in Pardot, eliminating the extra time required used manually map fields.
Note: Attendance is defined as any event registrant that attends at least one session of the event.
To configure Pardot to sync an event’s registration and attendance information:
- Sign in to Zoom Events.
- In the left navigation menu, click the top dropdown arrow and select My Assets.
- In the navigation menu, click My Events.
- To the right of the event you want to integrate Pardot, click the pencil icon .
- Access the Integrations tab in the event creation flow.
- Click the Configured Apps tab.
- In the Pardot tile, click Configure.
- Select the information you want to send to Pardot:
- Registrants: Individuals who have registered or pre-registered for the Zoom Event.
- Attendees: Individuals who attended one or more sessions in the Zoom Event.
- Event Fields: Use the dropdown menu to select a registration question.
- Ticket Fields: Use the dropdown menu to select a registration question. Zoom Events allows for unique registration questions per ticket; if a ticket has a unique set of registration questions, the user can send those ticket-level questions independently to Pardot.
- Pardot Fields: Use the dropdown menu to select the target field in Pardot.
- + Add Field: Click + Add Field to add an additional field to the map; the fields are a compilation of the Customize Registration Questions you created under the Tickets and Registration tab.
- (Optional) Repeat to add more fields. You can add an additional 19 fields. Up to 20 fields can be sent to Pardot.
- Event Information
- (Optional) In the bottom-right corner, click Copy HTML .
This helps hosts to register attendees from the Pardot form.
- Click Submit.
Note: Event organizers can make any changes and updates to the Pardot configuration settings after an event has started and ended.
Zoom Events information shared with Pardot
- Zoom Events sends registration data—names, emails, and registration questions—to Pardot in real-time.
- Zoom Event sends event-level attendance data—names and emails—to Pardot when a session is completed. An attendee needs to attend just one session to be included in the attendance list.
- Event organizers and marketers can have event registrants captured via Pardot forms and campaigns automatically sent to Zoom Events.
- All mapped Pardot fields from an external form submission are passable to Zoom Events fields, helping to provide full analytics and reporting for registrants that come outside of Zoom Events.
Zoom Events + Pardot data security
This app accesses and uses the following information from your Zoom Event:
- Session details names and dates: Displayed in Pardot program title.
- Event registration: The names and emails associated with a Pardot event program upon registration updates.
- Event attendance details: The names, emails, event attendance status, and attendance status for each session that are associated with a Pardot event or session program upon completion of each session.
- Event details: The event ID, session titles, and start times that are associated with a Pardot event upon completion of each session.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.