Simulating VoIP calls using the network tool
If you want to test your network, you can simulate VoIP calls between the Zoom client and Zoom system. This process will allow you to evaluate the quality of your network from the web portal to determine the quality of your calls.
Note: The system will request access to your microphone to simulate a call.
Prerequisites for using the network tool
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Phone license
- Submit a request to Zoom Support to have the feature Web-based Network Diagnostic Tool enabled for your account. This feature is still in beta and a beta agreement will need to be on file, contact your AE or CSM for more information.
How to use the network tool
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal
- In the navigation menu, click Phone.
- Click the Network Diagnostics tab.
- Click Start.
- In the pop-up dialog box, click Allow, to allow Zoom to use your microphone,
- In the browser pop-up dialog box, click OK.
The network diagnosis will start running.
Once the diagnosis ends, metrics such as latency, codec, packet loss, and jitter will be displayed.
- (Optional) If you desire to stop the diagnosis while it is running, click Stop.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.