Changing Workspace Reservation web portal settings
Workspace, location, and admin-level settings on the admin Workspace Reservation web portal allow account owners and admins to change settings for users at different levels. You can also lock settings on or off to prevent users from changing them.
Account owners and admins can use the Workspaces section on the Zoom web portal to manage their Workspace Reservation settings in one place.
This article covers:
- How to access Workspace Reservation web portal settings
Prerequisites for changing Workspace Reservation web portal settings
- Either a Zoom Workspace Reservation subscription, Zoom Rooms subscription, or Zoom Common Area Phone subscription
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to access Workspace Reservation web portal settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Workspaces Management then Workspaces.
- Use location hierarchy to access the hierarchy level you want to enable this setting for (building, floor, or workspace).
- Click Settings for that location or workspace (Building Settings, Floor Settings, Desk/Room Settings) to enable it for the location or workspace.
You can also click Account Settings to change the setting for the entire account.
- Find the setting that you want to change.
Understand the Workspace Reservation web portal settings
- (A) Allow users to reserve workspaces through their Zoom account: Allow users to remotely check in and check out through their Zoom account. If there is an associated device at the workspace, the user will be signed into the device when checked in.
- (A) Display user profile picture on the map when workspaces is reserved: Display and view users' profile pictures on the floor map in reserved workspaces.
- (A) Display user information on floor map when a Workspace is reserved: Allow users to see the names of who reserved what desk along with other information like department (if applicable).
- Designate specific groups or users to be able to reserve workspaces on this location: Allow certain groups or users to reserve allowed workspaces at specific locations.
- Designate specific groups or users to be able to reserve specific workspaces: Allow specific groups or users to reserve workspaces for a location in the Workspace Reservation location hierarchy.
- (A) Smart Suggestions: Workspace Reservation automatically recommends dates and workspaces for users to reserve a workspace. Users can accept the recommendation or select a different date or workspace.
- Workspace Name: The workspace name that is displayed on the map
- (Optional) Display Name: Display name that is shown on the map
- Workspace Type: Specifies if the workspace is a desk or a room.
- Calendar: Choose a calendar resource to connect to this workspace. If the calendar service you need is not listed, you can add another calendar service.
- Picture: Upload a photo of a workspace and include it with the workspace information for users to view.
- Capacity: Set the workspace's capacity.
Note: The maximum workspace capacity is 500.
- Assets: This field functions as a tag for the workspace, indicating what features are included. Select what assets are available in this room or directly enter a new asset type, then press Enter. Once you have entered one or multiple assets, these assets will be available options for other workspaces in the dropdown list.
- Users can sort and filter workspaces by this information.
- Currently, there is no certain setting or feature to create, remove, or edit the assets. For each workspace, you can remove an asset by clicking X next to the asset name. If you made an asset that you do not want to see in the dropdown list anymore, you must find every room the asset is assigned to and remove it; then, it will no longer appear in the dropdown list.
- Reservation Questionnaire: Require users to answer a questionnaire when reserving a workspace.
- Pre-Check In Questionnaire: Require users to answer a questionnaire before checking into a workspace. This questionnaire will be emailed out to users a set number of hours before their reservation.
- User authentication available, but not required, when reserving a room from a Kiosk: Require users to authenticate when reserving rooms on a kiosk.
- User authentication available, but not required, when reserving a room from a Scheduling Display: Require users to authenticate when reserving rooms on a scheduling display.
- Workspace QR Code: Users can scan these QR codes to check into a specified workspace.
- Custom Reservation Time: Set a custom default registration time for reservations. Users will see this default but can edit the reservation time and length when making a reservation.
- Reserve Workspace in Advance: Allow users to reserve workspace up to set days in advance.
- Reserve Multiple Workspaces: Allow users to reserve up to a maximum number of desks at a time.
- (A) Create Calendar events for room reservations: Control if reservations will automatically be added to users' calendars attached to their account after they make a room reservation and manage the default status of Workspace Reservation calendar events.
- (A) Create Calendar events for desk reservations: Control if reservations will automatically be added to users' calendars attached to their account after they make a desk reservation and manage the default status of Workspace Reservation calendar events.
- (A) Workspace Reservation Notifications: Set up the default for how and when users receive notifications about their reservations through email and the Workspace Reservation chatbot in Zoom Team Chat.
- Under construction: Workspaces with under construction mode enabled are hidden on the dashboard by default and all issue notifications are disabled. You can change your dashboard filters to show workspace under construction if you prefer.
- Workspace Check-In and Check-Out: User will be required to check in to keep the workspace reservation and will be able to check out to release the workspace.
- Workspace Device Type: Displays the licensed workspaces, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Phones.
- Workspace Passcode: This 1-16 digit number or characters is used to secure your workspace application. This code must be entered on your workspace device to change settings or sign out.
- Activation Code: An activation code is generated after setting up a workspace on the web portal and will be emailed to the user who created the workspace and also be viewable on the web portal.
- Autonomous Single App Mode: For iPads, you can restrict the devices to run only the Workspaces app by enabling Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM). ASAM allows you to exit Single App Mode in case of network failure, and so on.
Scheduling Display Device Management
- Instant Workspace Reservation: Enable or disable instant workspace reservations on the device.
- Allow to reserve other workspaces: View and reserve other workspaces in the same location.
- Background image: This image will display on the scheduling display.
- LED Enclosure Integration: Allow the workspace tablet or iPad to play a tone to change colors to indicate the status of the workspace.
Note (A): These settings are only for admin account-level settings (Account Settings) only.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.