Managing workspace check-in / check-out features
The Workspace Check-In and Check-Out feature makes your workspace reservations efficient. When this setting is enabled, users are required to check in. For room reservations, the user must start the scheduled Zoom meeting or check in to keep a workspace reservation. If a user does not check into the room within a configurable number of minutes after the scheduled start time, the room is released from the scheduled meeting and will be made available for others to use. Account owners and admins can enable this setting to allow workspace check-in while disabling the setting to release the reservation after a specified amount of time.
Starting a scheduled meeting, starting an instant meeting, making a phone call, and starting a screen share count as checking in and do not require a separate check-in. For desks and reservation-only room workspaces, QR codes can be printed and placed on workspaces for check-in.
If the reservation ends earlier than expected, users can check out of the reservation, which shortens the calendar event and makes that unused time available again for others to use.
Prerequisites for managing Workspace Reservation check-in/check-out
- Either a Zoom Workspace Reservation subscription, Zoom Rooms subscription, or Zoom Common Area Phone subscription
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to enable or disable Workspace Check-In and Check-Out
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Workspaces Management then Workspaces.
- Use location hierarchy to access the hierarchy level you want to enable this setting for (building, floor, or workspace). You can also access this setting at the account level by clicking Account Settings.
- Click Settings for that location or workspace (Building Settings, Floor Settings, Desk/Room Settings) to enable it for the location or workspace.
- Under Account Settings, click the Workspace Check-In and Check-Out toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
Note: Without this lock, each level in the location hierarchy can customize this setting.
- Set the workspace check-in/check-out times by selecting a number from the dropdown or manually entering a number for the following settings:
- Allow participants to check in ___ min prior to reservation start time: Adjust the amount of time before a meeting when users can check in.
- (Optional) Release room after ___ min of no check in or workspace activity: Select this checkbox to enable or disable releasing the reservation after a specified amount of time. Adjust the amount of time after the meeting start time before a meeting is released.
- Click Save to finalize any changes.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.