Defining allowed locations for calls/SMS
Admins can define the locations where users can make and accept calls and send SMS. When the users are outside of the allowed locations, calls and SMS will follow the When a call is not answered user call handling setting. If this setting is enabled, outbound and inbound emergency calls and SMS will still be allowed.
Note: SMS settings only apply to users.
Prerequisites for defining allowed locations for calls/SMS
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
- Location permission is enabled for Phone in the client settings
How to Allowed Call/SMS Locations
- Access your Zoom Phone policy settings at the account, site, group, or user level.
- To the right of Allowed Call/SMS Locations, click the toggle to enable it.
- In the dialog box, click Enable.
- Under Locations, click Set.
- In the dialog box, select All or a site name.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To the right of Locations Applied, click Edit, to make any changes.
- (Optional) To the right of Locations Applied, click Remove to remove the allowed locations.
- Optional) Select Allow internal calls/SMS when outside of allowed locations, if you wish your users to receive internal calls and SMS when outside of their locations.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.