Polling for Zoom Rooms
The polling feature allows you to create single choice or multiple choice polling questions for your meetings in Zoom Rooms. You will be able to launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your participants. You also have the ability to download a report of polling after the meeting. Polls can also be conducted anonymously, if you do not wish to collect participant information with the poll results.
Full details of the poll results, such as each participant's answers and submission times, are contained in the polling reports, which are available after the meeting.
You can also launch advanced polls and quizzes.
This article covers:
- Limitations of meeting polling in Zoom Rooms
- How to prepare poll questions for Zoom Rooms meeting
- How to launch a poll in Zoom Rooms meeting
Prerequisites for polling in Zoom Rooms
- Host user type must be Licensed
- Meeting polling enabled
- Zoom Rooms version 5.12.0
- Zoom Rooms controller version 5.12.0
- iOS controller
- Android controller
- The meeting must be either a scheduled meeting, or an instant meeting using your Personal Meeting ID
Limitations of meeting polling in Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms can only launch polls created in advance of the meeting, they cannot create or edit a poll during a meeting.
- The Zoom Room must be made an alternative host before the meeting in order to access polls.
- Zoom Rooms can access polls if made by a co-host, but only if the meeting is started in the desktop client first.
How to prepare poll questions for Zoom Rooms meeting
- Create the polling questions before the meeting starts.
- Schedule the meeting.
- Add the Zoom Room as an alternative host so the room can launch polls.
How to launch a poll in Zoom Rooms meeting
Polls are not immediately available to meeting participants, as the host needs to launch a poll for participants to respond to. In a Zoom Rooms meetings, these polls must be created before the meeting starts.
- Start the scheduled Zoom meeting that has polling enabled.
- Tap more on the Zoom Rooms controller, then tap the Polls button.
- At the top of the polling window, select the poll you would like to launch from the drop down menu (if multiple polls were created).
- Tap Launch.
The participants in the meeting will now be prompted to answer the polling questions. The host will be able to see the results live.
- Once you would like to stop the poll, tap End Poll.
- Tap the button to access the following option:
- Re-launch Poll: Launches the poll again.
Note: If a poll is relaunched in a meeting, the poll report will only display the last poll occurrence. If you know you will need to launch the same poll twice and want both sets of data, consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original to avoid relaunching.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.