How To Configure LTI Pro 1.3 for Blackboard Calendar
With the LTI Pro integration, instructors can automatically have meetings scheduled with the LTI app added to their Blackboard Calendar.
This article covers:
- How to add the Blackboard Application key to the LTI Pro app
- How to deploy the REST API integration
- How to launch the LTI Pro tool
Prerequisites for configuring LTI Pro 1.3 for Blackboard Calendar
- Education, Business, or Enterprise Plan
- Zoom Account user with Admin role permissions
- Admin access in Blackboard
- LTI Pro 1.3 configured for Blackboard
How to add the Blackboard Application key to the LTI Pro app
To enable the calendar integration, enter the Blackboard Application Key and Secret into the Zoom LTI Pro configuration:
- Register your applications.zoom.us application with Anthology API Services.
- On the My Applications page, click edit.
- Click Manage Keys.
- On the next page, click Add .
You will be redirected to the LTI key page. The Application Key and Secret will be used later in the LTI Pro app setup, and the Application ID will be utilized in the REST API integration.
- In a new browser tab, navigate to the LTI Pro app.
- Click Manage, then click Configure.
- Next to the desired LTI 1.3 credentials click Edit.
- Click the 3rd Party Credentials tab.
- In the left navigation, click LTI Blackboard.
- Click Add Instance.
- Fill in the following fields:
- LTI Blackboard Site Domain: Enter your BlackBoard Site Domain.
- Application Key: Enter the Application Key copied in the previous steps.
- Secret: Enter the Secret copied in the previous steps.
- Click Save.
- Back on the 3rd Party Credentials tab, enable Calendar.
How to deploy the REST API integration
- Log into Blackboard as an administrator.
- In the Administrator panel, click REST API Integrations.
- Click Create Integrations.
- Copy the Application ID from the previous steps, and under General Information paste it into the Application ID field.
- In the Learn User field, click Browse.
- Select your admin user.
- Click Submit.
- Next to your newly added LTI tool, click the down arrow .
- In the drop-down menu, click Edit.
- Under Available, select Yes.
How to launch the LTI Pro tool
Each instructor has to Log in to LTI Pro and approve the app in order to allow LTI Pro to create events. These credentials will add/update/delete the calendar events for each course user level.
Once the instructor has selected Allow in the Learn Authorization dialog window, the instructors will need to create a new meeting with in a course and verify the event has been created on the course calendar.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.