Using a Zoom Rooms Touch device as a standalone whiteboard
Standalone whiteboards improve in-person collaboration by allowing users to create and edit existing whiteboards in designated spaces.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using standalone whiteboard
- Zoom Whiteboard enabled for the Zoom Room by an administrator
- Zoom Rooms for Touch-capable device
- 4 GB or higher
- Built-in or external touchscreen display
- Zoom Rooms for Windows 5.12.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Appliances version 5.12.0 or higher with a supported appliance
- Neat Bar or Bar Pro with a touch display, Neat Board, or Frame
- Poly X30, X50, X70 or G7500 + touch display
- Logitech Rally Bar, Rally Bar Mini or Roommate + touch display
- Yealink A20 or A30 + touch display
Note: Standalone whiteboard is only available on single display devices
How to create a standalone whiteboard
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click + Add Room.
- Select Standalone Whiteboard for the Room Type and enter the Room Name.
Note: For accounts with fewer than 10 licenses, if you enter a name with Chinese characters, the room name is limited to 10 characters.
- Select a location for the room.
- If you are adding multiple rooms, click Save & Add Another, then repeat steps 4-7 for each room.
- Click Finish.
The list of rooms will appear on the Rooms tab.
How to use the whiteboard tools
The whiteboard tools available for use are located on the left side of the screen. To activate a tool, tap its icon. For most controls, tapping on the canvas will then create an object of that type. If using the select tool, you will be able to select one or more objects and change their properties.
Note: For a detailed description of the whiteboard tools, see the user guide.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.