Troubleshooting missing cloud recordings
Follow these troubleshooting steps if you can't find your Zoom cloud recordings, or your cloud recording share link is not working.
This article covers:
- Missing cloud recordings
- Cloud recording share link not working
Missing cloud recordings
Cloud recording processing times
Make sure your cloud recording has finished processing. While your cloud recording is processing, you'll see the recording title when viewing your recordings, but it will indicate that it's processing.
You can share your recording while it's processing but viewers will see a message that the recording is processing and won't be able to play the recording.
Auto deletion of cloud recording
Check if you have auto deletion settings that would auto delete your cloud recording. Contact your Zoom admin if auto deletion settings are set up and locked.
If the trash folder was enabled by your admin, you can attempt to recover your cloud recording. Learn more about what happens to cloud recording files when they are deleted and placed in the trash folder.
If you trimmed your cloud recording, all associated files (audio and transcripts) will be trimmed and the trimmed version will overwrite the original recording file. You can restore the original recording at any time after trimming.
Still can't find the cloud recording
If you are still unable to locate the cloud recording:
- Verify that you were the host of the meeting or webinar, as cloud recordings are only available to the host of the session. If you were not the host, reach out to them and ask them to share the recording with you.
- The recording may not have been started by anyone. In the future, you can enable automatic recording to ensure that every meeting or webinar you host is recorded.
- You may not meet prerequisites to use cloud recording. In order to start a cloud recording, you must be a Licensed user on a paid account. If you were previously able to create cloud recordings, and then were either downgraded to a free account or Basic (unlicensed) user type, you will not have access to those recordings until you become a Licensed user on a paid account again.
For additional troubleshooting, submit a request to Zoom Support and include the meeting/webinar ID, date, and time of the meeting or webinar in your request.
Cloud recording share link not working
If you shared your cloud recording, but viewers can't access the share link, there may be share settings that's preventing others from accessing it. Check the following sharing settings for your cloud recording:
- Check if your recording has an expiry date. If it does, remove the expiry date or extend it.
- Check if you've shared the recording with the appropriate people.
- Check if you're blocking certain IP addresses from view your cloud recordings.
- If you require a passcode to view your recording, consider enabling the option to add the passcode to the share link to provide easier access to your recording.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.