Managing the Emails tab
The Emails tab gives hosts a clear view of the email types available, what triggers them, and the target segment for that email. In addition, hosts will be able to see the history of emails that have been sent.
For more information about the event creation process, please visit Creating a Zoom Event.
This article covers:
- How to access the Emails tab in Zoom Events
- How to manage the Emails tab
Prerequisites for managing the Emails tab in Zoom Events
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Zoom Events Unlimited license or Zoom Events Pay Per Attendee license
- Stripe or PayPal Business account is required to create paid events
Note: For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to access the Emails tab in Zoom Events
- Create a Zoom Event or edit an upcoming event to access the event creation flow.
- In the event creation flow navigation menu, click Emails.
The Emails page will appear.
How to manage the Emails tab
The Emails tab displays information about emails that are related to the event in a table so you can see what emails have been sent at a glance:
- Email Type: The type of email that will be sent.
- Email Trigger: The action or event that triggers the email sent.
- Segment: The audience that will be sent the email.
- Emails Sent: The number of emails sent in total to a segment.
- Enabled: Displays if the email will be sent automatically when the triggering action occurs.
Note: Only qualified attendees, who have participated for more than 10 minutes in a session, will receive an Event Survey email.
Disable automatic sending of emails
By default, all email types are enabled to be sent automatically when their triggering action—listed under the Email Trigger column—occurs.
To disable an email type from being sent automatically, to the right of the email type that you want to prevent the automatic sending of when its email trigger occurs, click the toggle under the Enabled column to disable it.
Note: After disabling a toggle under the Enabled column, the Send Manually option will be selectable when you click the ellipsis icon .
Send email manually
If you do not want an email type to be sent automatically when their respective triggers occur, you can disable the toggle to the right of the email type under the Enabled column, after which you will be able to send the email type manually.
To send an email type manually:
- Disable the toggle allowing an email type to be sent automatically (when its triggering action occurs).
- To the right of the email type that you want to manually send, click the ellipsis icon .
- Click Send manually.
A confirmation window will appear.
- In the confirmation window, click Yes.
View an email
You can view the content of the email type that will be sent to a specific segment so that you will know what the recipient of the email sees. When viewing the email, you will be able to send a test email.
To view the content of an email type:
- To the right of the email type that you want to view the content of, click the ellipsis icon .
- Click View email.
An email preview will appear.
Add custom message
- View the email type that you want to add a custom message to.
- In the Add custom message (Optional) field, enter your message to attendees.
- Click Save.
Send a test email
- View the email type that you want to send a test email.
- Click Send Test Email.
- Enter the email address you want to send the test email.
- Click Send Test Email.
- (Optional) Repeat to send another test email.
View email history
You can view the send history of an email type and see details on who the email was sent to and when it was sent, as well as resend the email to a specific recipient.
To view the email history, under the Emails Sent column, click the number showing how many times the email has been sent.
Note: The Emails Sent column displays the total number of times an email type—each resend to the same recipient is counted separately—has been sent.
Resend an email
A recipient can be sent the same email type a maximum of 6 times: after you send an email type to a recipient manually, you can then resend that email type to the same recipient 5 more times.
To resend an email to a specific recipient:
- View the email history of an email type.
- To the right of the user you want to resend the email to, click Resend.
A pop-up window will appear.
- Click Yes.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.